Thursday, February 9, 2017

The end goal and my daily progression towards it

I am tired. I am overwhelmed. Most days, there is so much to do I can't see straight. You see the bags under my eyes?

What keeps me going-- my tunnel vision. My end goal. My end goal is to work in one of the best hospitals in the world with one of the best staffing in the world: Nationwide Children's Hospital. I already work there, in transport. But I want to nurse there, and I want to develop programs there, give professional advice there, and grow there. That's the end goal.

But for now I have to study Fluid and Electrolytes. So I break it down. That's what I have to do today. Go over ABGs, and metabolic and respiratory acidosis and alkalosis. That is how I get to the end goal, by doing what I need to do today, by being here, now. I'm not at the end right now. Right now, I am actually near the beginning. I have to put in the footwork. 

Today I applied for tuition assistance at Children's. Another piece of the footwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment